1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The days when lessons go wrong.

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by xmaspud, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Had an awful day today and taught a terrible lesson. Normally my lessons are good.
    Meh..... anyone else have these? It's making me feel like a terrible teacher....
    Depressed :(

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

yeah.. course. We all have terrible lessons. I spent half an hour trying to get a nearly crashing computer to work while my class sat and chatted. Never did get it to work. Later this afternoon, I had planned for a supply teacher to use the school laptops only to find they'd been booked by someone else. They came to a compromise. Everyone happy and nobody damaged for life because of circumstances that didn't work out as I'd planned.
    Have a glass of something nice and forget it.

3. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

It happens, you are you. What really makes you a good teacher is what you do now - sit and dwell and cry, it say - yep I f'ed up, how can I do better tomorrow?

4. I had PPA for half of today and usually love Mondays, but something was off today. The kids were unsettled from the off and they were chatty. Kids in at playtime to finish off as they'd wasted time getting started and therefore I missed my break too... *Sigh*