1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Dark Arts of International Headships

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by MisterMaker, Jan 19, 2012.

1. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

I've haven't been around much lately, far too busy with my real life.
    Anyhow, in my meandering review of the past year and a half, and looking forward to the future now my contract is extended, I thought I'd throw this one out to one and all:
    Compare and contrast the 'dark arts' and 'successful internation headship'.
    Any responses? Not sure if she's reading this, but there's a newish head not far from where I am needing support from what I hear, as well as a multitude of fresh new heads preparing for September.

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

I've haven't been around much lately, far too busy with my real life.
    Anyhow, in my meandering review of the past year and a half, and looking forward to the future now my contract is extended, I thought I'd throw this one out to one and all:
    Compare and contrast the 'dark arts' and 'successful internation headship'.
    Any responses? Not sure if she's reading this, but there's a newish head not far from where I am needing support from what I hear, as well as a multitude of fresh new heads preparing for September.

3. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Whenever I'm asked a really awkward question I recall the old conundrum
    Q: Why do gipsies have glass children?
    A: Because they have crystal balls.
    ...so a few years ago I purchased an impressive example of the said scrying utensil and kept it prominently displayed on my desk where, when quizzed about something I knew nowt about, I could breathe on it thoughtfully while looking suitably mysterious.
    I also kept a granite replica of the sharply conical Holy Stone of Clonrichert which, as aficionados of Father Ted may remember, was painfully inserted by an irrited Father Jack into the personal orifice of an importunate bishop. Only Mrs M and our almost-daughter were aware of its significance but I found the image very comforting during Board meetings.