1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Cricket Thread.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grumpydogwoman, May 11, 2016.

1. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Squad: Alastair Cook (captain), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Stuart Broad, Nick Compton, Steven Finn, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Vince.

2. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

Cricket? Is it interesting or something?
    Lol

3. Nuuk

Nuuk Occasional commenter

Such a pity that James Taylor can no longer play. Thought he gave a great interview. No self pity, just an account of what happened and his hope he could remain part of the game in some capacity. I hope he can too.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  4. grumpydogwoman

The top order still looks frail to me.

5. stevejp65

stevejp65 New commenter

Not for me - too expensive to keep a man in the side in the hope that he'll come good every 9-10 innings. A class batsman when he turns it on, undoubtedly, but too inconsistent to keep when there are other guys who need to be developed and nurtured. You could never relax when you saw Bell walking in, until you saw which Ian Bell had turned up!

6. grumpydogwoman

I aways maintain he played his best in the context of a sound side playing well. I can't remember too many times when he pulled us out of a h o le.

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]

What a specimen!

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

One can't live forever on potential.

9. grumpydogwoman

Sadly it took me fully 45 seconds to work out what @kibosh was DRIVING at. ;)

Given the fact that cricket isn't followed as widely as football I think extra marks should be awarded for cricket puns and contributions even only slightly on topic.

Thanks @kibosh

10. grumpydogwoman

I forgot about the Test until 12!!!

I cannot believe how remiss I was.

The shame!

rachel_g41 likes this.
  11. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Oh my! So how many of the wickets have you missed?

12. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Established commenter

Maybe you'd like this place - I'm in Nepal and there are multiple channels showing cricket all day every day (or so it seems), some live, some recordings and even on the big screen in bars and restaurants. Much of it is Indian one day or 20-20 leagues but thanks to your reminder I've just realised we have the test live right now :)

13. grumpydogwoman

We hadn't lost any wickets. Until I tuned in. :(

Nepal, eh? You climbing Everest? @rachel_g41 The things intrepid TESsers do!!!!

rachel_g41 likes this.
  14. rachel_g41

:/

Er, no, not climbing. Working in a school here, no time for climbing mountains. Probably no tv signal up there anyway.

15. grumpydogwoman

Still. Very exciting and intrepid.

16. SportyK

SportyK Occasional commenter

"The bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey."
    Oh I do miss Jonners. :)

[​IMG]

minnie me likes this.
  17. SportyK

SportyK Occasional commenter

18. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Oh it is so hard!

Elder Pee has started to be selected for for his cricket team which means more pitch-side attendance for dad. Of all the sports and activities we do or watch, cricket is by far the most painful and I just can't make a connection with it.

I wonder if there is something in a Scottish gene that throws a mental switch preventing interest the subject?

Must do better:oops:

19. grumpydogwoman

20. rachel_g41

Not true in my experience. They don't all support England, mind you.