1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Clangers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emilystrange, Jun 16, 2015.

1. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

Have you seen the new one? I watched the first new episode on iplayer last night. 11 minutes of little pink space mice running about and charming the music notes off the trees - bliss. Made me all smiley.
    i'd like one for my birthday :)

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I had forgotten about iplayer!!

I'll be able to catch up on Friday-my next day off.

Thank you for the reminder, ES. [​IMG]

I used to watch it a life time ago on the 5.45pm slot on BBC. Also remember watching ;Magic Roundabout' too at that time,

3. emilystrange

the lifetime ago bit has just shrunk :D

4. I knew about it but stressed in case they did the same thing with it as they did with Thomas The Tank Engine and Fireman Sam. Did they?

5. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

I was amused to find out that something as innocent as the Clangers were censored by the BBC, in July 1969. The episode due to be shown on Sunday, 20th July, which involved a spaceship crashing on the Moon, was pulled.

6. emilystrange

7. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

My friend's son made the models for the current series !

8. tidal

tidal New commenter

Part of an episode of the original version appeared on the Daly Politics yesterday (16th).

The Clangers get everywhere [​IMG]

about 57mins in if you're interested

9. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

I'm looking forward to this as I have never seen them in colour before.

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Has The Soup Dragon been persuaded to return? Last I heard she was doing alright for herself on the Dance music scene.

11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

12. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

I want one!! Can't really knit though : (

13. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

You can buy toy ones which make the Clanger sound when you press its paw. My 4 year old has one. We have the old Clangers on DVD! Which she loves, so I was expecting her not to like the new one with its changes. But she loves it!

14. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Sensibly, for once, they haven't ruined it (unlike Thunderbirds).

15. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

They made Clangers on Blue Peter - no knitting involved - old sock. I have mine somewhere in the loft. If I find it I'll post a pic. HOWEVER, I suspect there's a bee's nest in the loft so I might have to wait till November.