1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Chase

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

I could so beat any of those Chasers!

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

The Chase is our current favourite mealtime viewing. Our lack of celebrity knowledge lets us down every time. Kings and Queens? Nope. Sport? Nope. We both do well on some of the more obscure subjects. I have a theory that the Chasers sometimes deliberately answer wrongly so as to ensure the show lasts the full hour and to create more excitement. I always feel really disappointed in them when i think they're doing this.

3. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I loathe all those 'teatime' quiz type shows. Just fill ins until evening programming begins. Much of that is rubbish too. Although there is the Night Manager tomorrow.

cuteinpuce and minnie me like this.
  4. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The Chase?

kibosh likes this.
  5. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

I did!

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

By yourself? In the Final Chase?

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yeah, it's very cheesy. As contrived as the most contrived thing in a contrived world. Still like it though.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Another one passing me right by...

9. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I don't think they do that but I do think the producers have good knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses and throw them tough questions to even things out. I also think they screen contestants so that they are a bit thick and the rest of us get to feel smug and clever.

10. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I love a teatime quiz. I still miss the old 15 - 1. Sandi Toksvig is so lovely in many ways but she's not the right host for it.