1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

The challenges for teachers in the Cayman Islands

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by stubowler, Sep 6, 2014.

1. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

You really shouldn't post your email in an open forum like this. Report to an admin to get your post edited.

2. Winty1

Winty1 New commenter

Already have thx

3. CHAZ47

CHAZ47 New commenter

Any updates from people working in govt schools? Pay and conditions better than when this thread opened?

4. treefrog101

treefrog101 New commenter

CHAZ47 likes this.
  5. CHAZ47

CHAZ47 New commenter

6. CHAZ47

CHAZ47 New commenter

Given that this is an old thread, I thought I would provide the following:

Flights to Miami from GC are much cheaper than 400 dollars. I’ve spotted several for 150 dollars return.

The wages and relocation package have significantly increased since this thread started.

I’m not in a position to comment on all the other stuff including pupil behaviour and working conditions.

Just thought it was worth mentioning, as could be a deal breaker for some. I imagine ‘cabin fever’ would kick in. It would be a real shame if you couldn’t get off the island because of budget. So much to see in that region!