1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Census

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Ive just had this in the post, and needless to say after months of paperwork after paperwork due to buying a house, I am not in the mood!
    Have just bashed it out online and it wasn't too bad.
    I had to stop my OH from putting that he was a gypsy buddhist in a same sex relationship though.

2. Ive just had this in the post, and needless to say after months of paperwork after paperwork due to buying a house, I am not in the mood!
    Have just bashed it out online and it wasn't too bad.
    I had to stop my OH from putting that he was a gypsy buddhist in a same sex relationship though.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I thought you had to fill it out on March 27th.

4. Why would a gypsy have got hold have a census anyway? [​IMG]
    I was told the other day, that the proper word is a "Roma" now!

5. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Nutella you do though you can fill in the stuff that you know will be true on that date then save it until the actual day just in case a bus load of croation visitors arrive x

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

O god don't you just hate it when that happens and you've no borscht in?

7. It let me do it and submit it online, so evidently not!

8. The real pain is when those Jedi Knights drop in for an overnight stay last minute.

9. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Some gypsies live in houses.

10. Richie Millions

Not all Romas are gypsies. Not all gypsies are Roma's. Many gypsies are Romas. Many Romas are gypsies. Simples innit?

11. That Q17 is a bugger to answer isn't it

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Well that makes a mockery of it. Does that mean that the last minute visitors don't really matter?

13. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I really struggled with that one!
    Did anyone else find themselves thinking "why?" ( about q17 not the whole thing)

14. Yep

Caused the teen to rant about blank pages in exam papers

15. We have completed ours but could easily tick the visitor box and get them to complete the back page if necessary

16. Richie Millions

Q17 was it to test if non English speakers would fill it in?

17. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I think it'd be cool if everyone wrote their own, deeply profound question in the q17 box.

18. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just write 42 as the answer to Q17 [​IMG]
    Or 37
    http://www.mathsphere.co.uk/resources/documents/ans37.pdf

There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

19. I hear that there is a twitter campaign by Amy Lame suggesting that people write lesbian as their religion. (Protest at the fact sexual orientation and gender identity are not included, therefore it will be hard to prove the demand for specific services).
    I think it would be great if lots of people (especially men) tried this. Almost as good as the Jedis.

20. I not only thought 'why' but went on a googled it - apparently this is a question about Welsh language use which was left blank on census forms delivered to addresses in England to ensure that the forms had the same format. Quite a relief - it would have bugged me forever if I hadn't found out!