1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The C Word

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Over_the_hill, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

The Christmas nativity we are doing has 13 songs in it. I have one Music lesson a week to get them learnt in. Realistically, when should I make a start?

sparklepig2002 likes this.
  2. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

last summer?

1 person likes this.
  3. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Straight after half term.

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

After half term. I know you will need to teach them in your music lessons, but can you practise at other times? Ten minutes before lunch? At the end of the day? Parents will love it, whatever!

5. EBC

EBC New commenter

After half term, and if you can, copy the song lyrics and make a recording of the music. Put it on the main system or a CD so that their teachers can play it to the kids and go over the words whenever they have a spare 5 mins. Don't worry, you can do this.

6. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

After half term for sure.

nomad likes this.
  7. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

You don’t have to do all 13 songs. Choose a manageable number and the ones which you think the children will enjoy and sing best. Sing a reprise of a song which might work in more than one place in the Nativity.

I would imagine most schools start their rehearsals straight after half term.

sparklepig2002 likes this.
  8. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Or all the verses.
    We always started after half term.

ViolaClef likes this.
  9. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Is it just down to you? Will the class teachers help? Give them the CD so they can also help with the songs. If you are really worried about the lack of time, you could send a copy of the song lyrics home so the children could have look at them over half term.