1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Boys are back in town!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dusty67, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

I'm so excited, going to see Take That on Friday and Saturday this week. In fact, so excited that I woke up early yesterday morning thinking "This is the week!". I've not confided that in any one else for fear of appearing a complete saddo !

Any one been to see them yet or going to see them soon? The on-line photos of the concert are making me even more excited. I've seen the four part Take That twice before, and Robbie on his own once, but this will be my first time seeing them as a five piece (They were too young for me the first time round, but now they are men rather than boys it doesn't feel so wrong!)

If you have been to see them already, how is the general admission seating organised/marshalled? I've got really long legs (35" inside leg) and so I'd prefer to sit on the end of a row. Can you really sit anywhere or do stewards direct you to fill up rows etc?

2. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Please don't tell me I'm the only saddo on this site?

3. I'm going to see them on the 8th June!! I am VERY excited about it!!! You're going TWICE??! xxx

4. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

I know very greedy! I'm going once with my BFF (well if going to see a pop group best use teen speak) and then with my favourite sister in law (I've got 5 to choose from) and niece who are travelling down from Aberdeen! You know what its like when you have really good friends who don't know each other, you just have to go twice to keep everybody happy! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

My youngest son has been looking at pictures on line and is quite struck by them. Thinking of trying to persuade OH that tickets going on Get me in for 38 quid each are too good to miss and then taking son next week!!!

5. I saw them in Sunderland on Tuesday and they were fantastic, you will love it. The Pet Shop Boys were a great support act too, crowd loved them. There are already videos up on youtube if you want a sneaky preview!
    I bought reserved seated tickets as didn't think I would be able to stand for so long, but as far as I could tell the unreserved seats were allocated on a first come, first served basis, who ever got to them quickest! I think the biggest rush was for those people who were trying to get to the front of the standing area. We knew where we were sitting so went straight to the seats, but there were plenty of stewards around for people who were not sure of where to go. Having said that, I can't account for how stewards at another stadium will be, as they could direct you to particular seats.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Listen here you lot. I couldn't manage to get tickets to see them once yet you lot are going twice! Greedy I call it! [​IMG]
    *Belle hoping not to turn too bright a shade of green*
    Have fun!!!!

7. Belle, I bought mine only a few days before the event from ticketmaster, as more were released. You could also try ebay, get me in or viagogo (if you want to pay over the odds!) but sometimes you can pick up bargains from genuine people who can't get there and just want the face value of the tickets.

8. Joi

Joi New commenter

might be worth looking here http://www.scarletmist.com/default.asp

for tickets

9. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Oooh, I'm going that night too, VP - give me a wave! You'll recognise me easily, I'll have a big badge with Cestrian on it [​IMG]

10. I also saw them on Tuesday in Sunderland and it was a fantastic night. I had a seat, but spent the whole night on my feet. I have seen Robbie before, but it was my first time seeing Take That. I wish I could see them all over again.

11. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Well my two nights of bliss are over.
    Second night went with my family and we decided to stand. Because we'd been in the queue 5 hours when the doors opened we got right next to the barriers on the centre stage!!! It was fantastic, and the best bit was my sister in law got to shake hands with Gary, and my niece shook hands with Robbie, Gary and Mark!! I selflessly pushed them in front of me at the barrier (I"m 6ft tall, so could make sure no one pushed them out of place). I got my niece to touch me with the hand that touched the hallowed boys, and I may never wash again.

It was a fantastic night! I'd go again if I could.

To those who want to go but haven't got tickets, try Scarlet mist (the web site pages look rubbish but its an ethical ticket exchange for fans so tickets can only be offered at face value. Or getmein and seatwave both have tickets for Tue/Wed this week at face value. So it might be worth monitoring them as forth coming dates approach.