1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Boris and Jeremy Show

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Aquamarina1234, Jul 9, 2019.

1. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I seem to remember North Korea building nuclear bombs and testing ICBM,s. Now who dealt with that? Was it the UN or the EU or Russia or China, 'NO' it was Trump along with South Korea and Japan. Yes, leaders like that.
    If you are negotiating a deal you have to look across the table and see your opponents, if you do not then you get a carp deal.

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Too much generalisation. There's a lot of hard working decent people there too.

ilovesooty likes this.
  3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I measure the output.

5. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Doesn't Boris belong to it?

7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Yes, he has his clown moments but he is or says he is a Brexiter. It shows just how poor the pool of potential leaders is when Boris is so far ahead of the rest. Labour is in an even worse situation in my view.
    Conservatives have poor leadership candidates to draw from but Labour have beyond a joke leadership pool.

8. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I have to disagree in that Labour have an obvious future Prime Minister in Sir Keir Starmer. Other possibilities are Shadow Environment Secretary Sue Hayman, and someone like David Miliband may return to Westminster to become a candidate. Lurking about are several other decent, capable and credible potential candidates. First though, someone has to challenge for the leadership and secure the backing of Labour members.

9. MAGAorMIGA

It's coming:

Survation.
    @Survation

NEW: General Election voting intention in England, Scotland and Wales, 10th - 11th July 2019: LAB 29% (+3),
    CON 23% (-1),
    BXP 20% (nc),
    LD 19% (nc),
    SNP 4% (+1),
    GRN 3% (-2),
    OTH 2% (-1)
    (changes w/ 19th - 20th June 2019)

D_R9fa7X4AE63AO.png

10. MAGAorMIGA

And even YouGov has Labour up! Greens on 9%! Really?

Westminster voting intention:
    CON: 24% (-)
    BREX: 21% (-2)
    LAB: 20% (+2)
    LDEM: 19% (-1)
    GRN: 9% (-)
    via @YouGov, 09 - 10 Jul Chgs. w/ 03 Jul

11. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Do not rate Starmer but do rate David Milliband if or when he returns. Other than that I lose interest in Labour.

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Yet you will hand your future to them.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Last night I dreamt that Maleficent had left me for Boris.

14. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

She probably read that he's a wine man, never drinking wine that costs less than 180 quid a bottle.

15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

You could very well be right.

16. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I prefer Boris to any of the alternatives including Labour. Best scenario would be a quick out of the EU failing that a GE and the Brexit party upsetting the apple cart.

17. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  18. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Choosing between BoJo and JH is like choosing between diphtheria and smallpox.

MAGAorMIGA and FrankWolley like this.
  19. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I see that David Blunkett is warning today that such a result could see a Tory-Brexit Party alliance created for to ensure that Johnson and Farage Brexit plans get through parliament. Blunkett says "The arithmetic is simple – if the Brexit and Conservative parties stand together, no other single party stands a chance of getting anywhere near forming a Government."

20. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Oh god. Don't hand them ideas on a plate, Blunkett.