1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Body Coach 90 Day Plan

Discussion in 'Personal' started by youronlydoll, Aug 21, 2017.

1. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

This whole Russian grandmothers business was news to me.

This was the only Babooshka I was aware of. I'm pretty sure that's not Johanna Quass again...

2. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

3. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Watch out, here comes some unsolicited pedantry, which happens to me when I think of Ven Diagrams...
    I always get annoyed when people say they don't like Sushi because they wont eat raw fish. Well, that is not well-informed, since Sushi does not by definition contain fish, although Sashimi does, which is just a small part of the world of Sushi.
    Well I just discovered an unsettlingly similar annoyance that a Babushka is not a type of Doll, although a Babushka might be one type of the small world of Matryoshki Dolls, despite being frequently cited as a generic sort of Russian doll in a doll in a doll etc.
    It isn't.

4. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

knitone and grumpydogwoman like this.
  5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I dressed up as Baboushka on World book day at school. I read the story to my Reception class the day before so they were familiar with it, looked at all the pictures etc., but when I turned up with headscarf, pinny and a basket of toys they asked why I hadn't bothered to dress up! So, you should all recognize me at the Birmingham meet :confused:.

zizzyballoon likes this.
  7. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Did you know that aside from the diagrams, John Venn invented a bowling machine that clean bowled some of the better Australian Test batsmen when they were at Cambridge in 1909?