1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Body Coach 90 Day Plan

Discussion in 'Personal' started by youronlydoll, Aug 21, 2017.

1. youronlydoll

youronlydoll New commenter

Hello all,

I have just started Joe Wicks' 90 Day SSS Plan, a mere week before returning to school and I wondered if any of you have done this during term time and teaching? I am really loving it and I get up fairly early in the morning anyway so I will most likely incorporate my HIIT sessions in the mornings before work. Would love to know how you guys have done it and any tips or tricks for good preparation to make sure I stay on track!?

Thanks in advance,

Rosie.

2. cheesypop

cheesypop Occasional commenter

knitone, vannie and zizzyballoon like this.
  3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

don't sign with your real name!

4. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Star commenter

Let's give @youronlydoll a break - we need to encourage a work life balance in this profession...

I think that with any fitness programme the most important thing from what you have said are the timings of your sessions. I don't know Joe Wicks (I'm sure he was on Eastenders?), but plan it around school meetings, your commute and anything else going on in your life. That way you know the time is sacrosanct especially if there's any preparation for meals, training, diet, etc. Write your sessions on a calendar so you can see how many you've done to keep going.

No point in doing 90 Days then the biscuits looking too inviting in the staff room after teaching the energetic babushkas. Not to mention crashing after school with pizza/Netflix/wine as the idea of getting out on a dark morning/evening in howling, tsunami-like conditions dissipates any of the last lingering motivation.

Good luck - I'm out later to get beasted*.

* beasting
    NOUN

informal
    (especially in the armed forces) the process of subjecting a new recruit to harsh treatment in order to instil discipline.

5. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

Babushkas are old grannies. Do we know the OP teaches these? Or are you making some allusion to the OP's username and surmising that she is a Russian babushka doll?

InkyP likes this.
  6. Trendy Art

Yes, that's right. In fact here's one of her students performing after weeks of PE practice in the hall.

No allusions here. Just ask granny - maybe she did the Joe Wicks plan?

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  7. scott1980

scott1980 Occasional commenter

Love the recipes.less motivated with the exercise.

8. cheesypop

cheesypop Occasional commenter

Sorry. I was not intending to offend and I apologise if I did.

lanokia and nomad like this.
  9. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

I wasn't aware that what you had posted was offensive.:(

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I've tried doing things like P90X in the past. Why they all love 90 days I dunno...

Worked ok. Never got anything like the adverts but i was fitter. The eating was the hardest part. Egg white omelette? Urgh no thanks.

11. kearl1

kearl1 New commenter

I haven't done Joe Wick's stuff but have done similar - Shaun T's T25 was awful and I only managed it because my boyfriend was doing it as well and I was too stubborn to give in to him (although always did the easy versions...)... Jamie Eason (who is may favorite exercise person in the whole entire world) has a great "post pregnancy" plan. I've never had a baby but I loved doing this whilst working because she built in the flexibility/short but effectiveness needed if you've just had a baby. Sensible food and health suggestions and good progression as well - you do need access to free weights for this though.

I struggle to lose weight with any plan i follow - I get fitter cardio wise and much stronger (which wont help with the weight loss) - I just can't follow any strict guide lines when it comes to food. I'm excellent at eating healthy at dinner but can't do it whilst working. Too many things get in the way and I either don't eat at all (bad) or snack on biscuits (bad).

I do have to make sure all my work is done before I leave school - I have to train straight away when I get home, if I sit down (even with a pile of marking) I wont be getting up again!! I actually found starting to work out whilst working is great for me - it gives me chance to unwind and get any stress out from the day. Nothing like doing some squats to get any frustration out in my opinion.

No motivation to do any exercise during the holidays. Feeling very unfit at the moment and writing this rambling post has definitely made me feel a bit guilty!

youronlydoll likes this.
  12. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Well I don't know bout anybody else, but I'm completely exhausted just from reading your post...

EmanuelShadrack and InkyP like this.
  13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Bloody exercise. Bloody Diet.

youronlydoll and zizzyballoon like this.
  14. zizzyballoon

Bloody 86 year old swinging about like Olga Korbut with a wig on.:eek:

InkyP and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Exactly. And then we have the health fiends publishing pictures of her. Bloody joggers.

zizzyballoon likes this.
  16. Trendy Art

Seeing as you both like her so much, here she is again at 91. Puts us all to shame.

youronlydoll likes this.
  17. zizzyballoon

I suspect Trendy only put up that picture of her to distract us from noticing that he thought baboushkas were the small children that theonlydolly was teaching.;)

InkyP likes this.
  18. zizzyballoon

I bet she eats quinoa.

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Excellent point.

zizzyballoon likes this.
  20. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

In the olden days that would be "I bet she drinks Carling Black Label". On the balance of probabilities though, she probably doesn't.