1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

the bird watching thread -( for Annie Boxed In and me and anyone else that would like to join)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cosmos, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Ma mammy goat pecked by a eemoo which serves her richt oh, ah've goat tae go.........OW!

2. Saw these the other morning..... they turn up occasionally.... they are the most primitive sounding of all the birds.. I have a particular soft spot for these, as they had a talking pair in an aviary in Girvan, when I used to go on holiday as a kid!

[​IMG]

3. These are pretty special.... there's large black ones with yellow tails that are fairly common, but I've only seen the ones with the red tails a few times........... Australians predict rain when they see the black cockatoos!

[​IMG]

4. Oops! Sorry for tardy reply on this thread..... get a bit caught up sometimes! Your birds reminded me of the Australian Shelduck which I've only seen occasionally when travelling here....

[​IMG]

They're big and quite spectacular when you see them standing out of the water.....

5. This is the Eastern Whipbird. I've HEARD these often, but only seen them once... they hide in bushland. When we went to have another look at the property we want to buy, which has adjoining State forest, I heard quite a few! If we get house, I told OH that I want a tree house, so that I can bird watch! (That's my excuse... I've actually dreamed of having a tree house since I was a little kid)! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OW! Mammy.....scabby's mammy gied me a skelp! *mutter* Ah wis oanly watchin' them. Ah wisnae catchin' them. Ah dinnae like scabby's mammy ony mair - she skelped me.

Good. C x

7. WeeScabbyDug

WeeScabbyDug Senior commenter

When yer mammy wins the lottry an cumms oan thi bird watchin' trip tae Oz... ah dinnae thunk ye'll git invitit tae, noo ye've upset ma mammy........An' yer mammy'll proabably gie ye anither skelp for bein' oan thi mammies thread! Ah'd better gae tae afore......... OWWWWW!

8. WeeScabbyDug

WeeScabbyDug Senior commenter

She's a terrible wummin' fur thi skelpin..... .ah goat threatend wi' a skelp when ah chased wan o' these last week....Itz a "brown cuckoo dove" ........ nivir hud wan in thi garden afore... in fakt..it wiz thi first wan she's seen neer thi hoose in thi last year an' a hawf......

[​IMG]

9. I have loved looking through the images on this thread and thought I would add to them with a bird I am lucky to have visiting my garden. The Green Woodpecker often comes to search through our grass or to rest in our Silver Birch tree.
    [​IMG]

10. .. and here is a bird I have been lucky to see many times due to my family's love of waterways holidays when I was a child.
    [​IMG]
    Kingfishers visit a pond belonging to a family member in France so I still get to see them on holiday!

11. Same house in France also has pleasure of a Barn Owl roosting in one of the many outbuildings. (Not my photos unfortunately)
    [​IMG]
    ..And you should see the Swallows dipping into the pond at sunset - just beautiful and mesmerising!

12. These are gorgeous, Singora! The woodpecker looks amazing....... Thank you for joining in.... please post more! [​IMG]

13. Have seen these quite a few times where the creek meets the beach..... the Sacred Kingfisher.... absolutely gorgeous!

[​IMG]

14. Went out to visit our new house/land the other day and get a crash course on various things about the property, from the owners, and there was a wedge-tailed eagle circling overhead! Apparently they're there often. Something to do with the surrounding mountains and the wind currents..... can't wait to move!

[​IMG]

15. Well, I'm sorry.... but I'm ready to throttle this bird. The ***** wagtail.... so called as it sits there and waves it's little tail in the air, as if to say "Aren't I pretty? Aren't I sweet?"
    [​IMG]

But at 3.30 am EVERY MORNING FOR THE LAST WEEK... it sounds like this, over, and over, and over again.......
    http://birdsinbackyards.net/images/audio/rhipidura-leucophrys.mp3