1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Big Write

Discussion in 'English' started by Sandy40, Apr 21, 2012.

1. I am researching how sccessful The Big Write is, can anyone please let me know their opinions of this. Do you use this in your school, and if not, why? If you do, is it successful? Have you had to make any changes? Are your SEN children coping with it? Thank you.

2. I am researching how sccessful The Big Write is, can anyone please let me know their opinions of this. Do you use this in your school, and if not, why? If you do, is it successful? Have you had to make any changes? Are your SEN children coping with it? Thank you.

3. I've never heard of it. Primary or secondary? Do you have a link?

4. Google "The Big Write Ros Wilson"

5. Okay! Thanks.

6. I have used it at 2 schools.....the kids love being able to write with few interruptions. SEN/LA children become more confident writers and produce more writing, even if initially not great quality!!
    Sadly, we don't do every week as we are following Pie Corbetts talk for writing/story plans/boxing up etc and it does not always fit in. When we do write, we use VCOP etc although mark our own way.

7. Used it, loved it. Children's writing was of greater quality and the lovely atmosphere (music and fairy lights)had a very positive effect on imagination x