1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The big Move

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nicholaj69, May 19, 2011.

1. After teaching in y3/4 for 5 years my head has decided that now is time for a change\!! Not only am i moving to reception but its a very structured reception class and the head wants me to change it
    all. Need all advise possible!

2. After teaching in y3/4 for 5 years my head has decided that now is time for a change\!! Not only am i moving to reception but its a very structured reception class and the head wants me to change it
    all. Need all advise possible!

3. Hi
    I moved from Year 2 to Reception last year and I understand how you feel! Keep checking on here and other sites about early years. There's a really good blog, put abcdoes into your search engine. Talk to the nursery nurses as much as you can and don't expect to get it all right initally. I've loved my first year but have found it hugely challenging, I don't always get it right but you will have so much fun and freedom along the way, it's' definitely worth it.

ps - get ready to always be bringing huge bags of resources in every morning!

4. Thanks for your help! i am excited about it but its all i can think about at the min as well!