1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Big Lottery Fund

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

After reading an article this morning I decided to look into what kind of groups receive what amounts of BLF funding relative to one another, searching by keywords. The results disappointed me. It looks like these grants are, in some cases, being doled out instrumentally to prop up now irrelevant organisations and those intended to needlessly transform British culture & society.

I have linked to the search page below, in case you wish to find out whether your favourite issues receive funding and if so how much. You can also search by place, as many recipients have such in their names:

Search all grants

The BLF needs a shake-up.

2. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

You didn't think it would ever help ordinary people in need did you? But that makes it just like all these other charities trying to prize open your wallets or purses all the time. Age UK are one I particularly dislike. They do not even know most old people exist, let alone help them. I guess its true for all other charities. How do they find the people who might actually need their help. There is a bit of a give away on an advert about giving homeless people haircuts? where the blokey says "most people don't do the lottery to help others"! Understatement of the year! Most people, if not all, do it for the lure of the out-of-reach, never-going-to-happen big win. Some sad sap won that £77 million this week and was on the telly; thats the end of their life!

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

The Samphire Project, an organisation which exists to foster social cohesion between the people of Kent and its illegal immigrants yet whose IP address is located in France, has received over £1,199.601 of Big Lottery funding since 2005. It gives itself a national remit and its activities include: 'The Schools of Sanctuary Kent- raising awareness amongst schools pupils on issues surrounding migration'.

This is a pattern with many people in receipt of Big Lottery funding seeking to impose their morality upon the UK at little cost to themselves, they place their dogma into the mouths of uncritical children to cynically elicit trust & compassion:

The Director of Samphire, Tanya Long, previously held the position of Grants Officer at the Big Lottery Fund and currently occupies the position of Funding Officer there.

4. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Why is winning £77m the end of anyone's life? I'd be absolutely delighted.

5. Aquamarina1234

I've just had a look at my home town's recipients and am a bit shocked at how segregated the organisations are. If I were a Jewish woman I'd be milking it. Visually-impaired Chinese, any variety of black, Asian-only exercise...

6. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

I would imagine that our own Government were behind this "initiative".
    Such things do exist.
    For instance, there is a government "directive" (may not be the correct word) which advises (orders) that the actors in TV adverts should not all be white. Coloured and mixed race people/families should also be shown and promoted.
    Some people might find it offensive that I even mention this fact. Others might find it offensive that such a directive exists.
    Others might wonder WHY such a directive exists.
    Whatever. Such a directive exists and MOST people would not even be aware of it.
    Many other such "directives" exist - for whatever reason. They come from Government and are in effect propaganda aimed at controlling the populace.

7. Aquamarina1234

It couldn't just be that they don't want non-white citizens to feel ignored or side-lined just because they're in a minority? Couldn't possibly have come from a good place?

8. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

They were dumb enough to let it be publicised. They'll never have any peace from scroungers, scammers, begging letters and so on. Usually the sad oiks say "I'm not giving up me job!"

9. Aquamarina1234

Can you name a single lottery big-prize winner? Nine days wonder usually.
    I wouldn't want the world to know because I fear kidnap threats involving my grandchildren. Utterly illogical. If I won £77m I'd tell people it was one million to account for the sudden flushness.