1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

the best websites for Spanish Alevel

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by moonlight35, Jul 2, 2011.

1. I am starting to teach Spanish A level in September and I wonder if anybody can recommend any good websites for articles, exercises and so on.
    We follow AQA board.
    I am familiar with 'asisehace.net' and Spanish Resources.

Thanks a lot.

2. I'd recommend www.espanish.org.uk

3. For A Level Spanish I would recommend www.espanol-extra.co.uk
    Although there is a small charge to access the resources, what you get is simply outstanding. The AS/A Level materials have really been developed well and there is a resource for topic vocabulary that is the best I've seen. Constantly updated vocabulary sheets for the hot news topics have worked wonders for my students' speaking competence. Somehow, their ability to speak using authentic language has improved at least 200%!!
    There are loads of resources for all levels too - beginners up to A Level and now IB.

4. I've been studying AS Spanish at an evening class and my college uses Kerboodle which I've found really good. It links with the AQA book and has loads of extra stuff on it.

5. Thank you for all the responses. I have checked them out and added them to my favourite ones!

6. there are loads of good ones out there. I like using the Tecla documents from the Ministerio de Educacion, and they also do articles from El Pais with questions too.
    Notes in Spanish podcasts are worth downloading free from iTunes though you have to buy the transcripts.
    Authentik INteractive is expensive but very good for various things like videos and texts.
    Oye is also good.

7. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

www.asisehace.net

8. sombra1230

sombra1230 New commenter

9. venkmani1991

venkmani1991 New commenter

1. I make my Y12 and Y13s listen to the Notes In Spanish Beginners and Intermediate level podcasts.
    2. Depending on which cultural topics you teach at A2, Melvyn Bragg has discussed many famous Hispanic writers and important times in history on his In Our Time podcast.

10. Jeremyinspain

Jeremyinspain Occasional commenter

Hi,
    I've been teaching in Spain for 10 years and run the Spain4exams blog: http://spain4exams.blogspot.com.es/
    It's an eclectic mix of anything and everything that catches my eye as I go about my day-to-day life here. I usually spot things which I think will interest and amuse teachers as well as students. It might be an advert from newspaper or TV; a cartoon from a newspaper; something I've photographed or videoed. Check it out and best of. Here's an example of an ad for student listening practice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HUGsr9oyV0&feature=youtu.be
    Un saludo,
    Jeremy Dean

11. steveglover

steveglover New commenter

You'll find all the lists for all boards of Spanish texts and films with comments on www.dolanguages.com

12. pascuam49

pascuam49 New commenter

Not many resources available for Spanish though :(