1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The best thing about your classroom?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by geniegirl, Jun 21, 2011.

1. I am moving classrooms next year (just another Reception room), which at the minute is quite bare and empty and is lacking inspiration. I would quite like it to look different from the norm and more child friendly than it currently does. I know the best thing in my room at the minute, that the children use the most, is the discovery table, and so I will be taking that with me! They also have a display almost at their height with a block of blu tack where they can put up their own work - they love this!
    What do you have in your room that your children use/love the most? Any displays that have worked really well?
    Thanks in advance!

2. I am moving classrooms next year (just another Reception room), which at the minute is quite bare and empty and is lacking inspiration. I would quite like it to look different from the norm and more child friendly than it currently does. I know the best thing in my room at the minute, that the children use the most, is the discovery table, and so I will be taking that with me! They also have a display almost at their height with a block of blu tack where they can put up their own work - they love this!
    What do you have in your room that your children use/love the most? Any displays that have worked really well?
    Thanks in advance!

3. laconn

laconn New commenter

I will be new to reception in sept so no ideas as such for yourself but was wondering if you could expand on your idea of the discovery table? What does this involve? I have been doing some supply work in reception and have found that they really enjoy the listening area where there are headphones and songs to dance to. The headphones are wireless too which means they can move away from the area whilst using the resources.