1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

the best thing about being a tutor is....

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by langteacher, Mar 1, 2018.

1. SayItLikeItIs

SayItLikeItIs New commenter

To add to the list, I get to choose the resources and the CPD that I want. Parental approval of resources (rather than management humming and hawing) is an added bonus. And my choice of CPD doesn't mean that I then have to 'repay' it with a staff INSET contribution or use in all plans and lessons going forwards! Although it does cost of course.

Mrsmumbles and Sir_Henry like this.
  2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

I keep my level of Italian up but going to a school for foreigners in Italy for a week each year. Not sure I had any perks of the job in the school

3. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

You can do the teach how you would want to, without having to look over your shoulder all the time.

Sir_Henry likes this.
  4. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Snap! Similar experiences to you. We should do a meetup!

Kateray1 likes this.
  5. briancant

briancant Occasional commenter

6. Mrsmumbles

Oh blimey yes I remember that. The school I was at so badly run yet all the kids do well as teachers do it al, for them, it’s a private school...so ironically, the type of aren’t whjxhnassled me to work my fourteenth your for fee laying Johnny now begs me to to one sole paid and strings free hour for little Charles. Oh the irony. It’s getting all the time back to create other sidelines and futureproof earning systems that appeals to me the most. Doubtless I will return at some point when I am debt fee and can afford to work for fleck all for stupid management drones,

7. Sir_Henry

Sir_Henry Occasional commenter

I expect it will happen in time.

Kateray1 likes this.
  8. Mrsmumbles

Well some goons have tried to set up the national tutor agency thing and it has bombed. The whole pint is that we’re propping up the state education system and are out of TPS, so until full automisation arrives, courtesy of Google TES-Ed, Amazon or whatever, make hay while the sun shines!

Kateray1 likes this.
  9. helenemdee

helenemdee Occasional commenter

Getting positive feedback from parents.
    Seeing students improve and knowing you had something to do with it.

Deciding your own working hours.
    Getting paid immediately and in cash.

langteacher likes this.
  10. Mrsmumbles

Make hay while the sun shines!