1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The best laid plans of mice and men - MSc is off

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Yet more hopes and expectations dashed. MSc in Environmental Health requires a placement to complete a work portfolio to complete said degree. Following much research 60% of students fail to get a placement and so cannot complete MSc and so cannot work. Therefore I have had no option but to save my £5000 and withdraw. Back to the drawing board! Feeling pretty low again (although not as bad as last time). B*****d!

2. Yet more hopes and expectations dashed. MSc in Environmental Health requires a placement to complete a work portfolio to complete said degree. Following much research 60% of students fail to get a placement and so cannot complete MSc and so cannot work. Therefore I have had no option but to save my £5000 and withdraw. Back to the drawing board! Feeling pretty low again (although not as bad as last time). B*****d!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, so hopes dashed again, supplyslave![​IMG]
    Just one query, have you considered approaching your 'new employers' if they could provide a placement for you? I would have thought Environmental Health would be a high priority?
    One positive - your teacher training has taught you to 'do your research', so you know it's not worth pursuing unless you do find a placement and can save your money. Pity all those innocents who will be so disappointed and in debt!

4. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Its a good job you found out in time before you spent the £5000.
    Have you considered the Open University for ideas?

5. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Sent you a PM, the good thing about the link I gave you is that it will fit around working full/part time. :)

Hope it helps!