1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The best distance learning TA course? Does anyone have any recommendations

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by serenitypolly41, Jan 24, 2019.

1. serenitypolly41

serenitypolly41 Occasional commenter

I dont have the time or availability to do the diploma course where you have placements so I was looking at a course which is online. I have TA experience, just wanted a qualification to go with it.

Ideally I'm looking at a course which covers all the units including assessment for learning and things like that.

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

I'm not a fan of online courses - too many rip-off stories, and I always find it hard to see how anyone with no experience in a school can gain a teaching assistant qualification without actually ever having worked in a classroom! But you do have experience and I understand that going to college may not be possible for everyone, for a whole range of reasons.

Whichever course you choose, make sure it is CACHE accredited. I've often seen threads on here about Stonebridge College - try searching for those threads, maybe you can link up with someone who has studied with them. Good luck!