1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Ascension...

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by lizzii_2008, Mar 20, 2012.

1. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

I am having to do an assembly on The Ascension but surprisingly with a nursery class. Each class has been designated a particular day to reflect upon and celebrate.
    Obviously there is going to be limited speaking roles as my class cannot read so I'm hoping to get the point across through role play and song.
    I have selected a final song, which is called God is Able. There is another song I want to use and that is 'Did you know?' and we've begun learning those already.
    I'm wondering if anyone has any bright ideas for me?

2. I dont have any bright ideas sorry but I think its a bit mean to give the nursery class the Ascension it's hard enough to explain that to my year 11's!

3. At that age I would go for one of two options - either helium balloon!
    Or (depending if you are doing at Ascension!) the conker tree flower is known as the Ascension flower as it points to heaven and is in bloom at Ascension time. Pick a couple and do a sort of show and tell activity.