1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The art of procrastinating...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lalad, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

So far today I have moved a few things around, filled the bird feeders, posted on here, put some wrapping paper in the bin, tidied up the sitting room, had a coffee, finished the last chocolate cookie, phoned a friend, cleaned the floor...but really, I should be doing school stuff!

Anyone else good at putting off the inevitable?

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

All my life.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Me too!

Jamvic, Lalad, Lara mfl 05 and 2 others like this.
  4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Whatever do you mean? I really, really need to post on here; sort out my collection of ancient CDs; change some of the framed photos; and then sort through the herbs and spices shelf to chuck the out-of-date stuff .... these jobs must be done before I contemplate any school work!

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

And another one. :oops:

6. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Oh bother...I haven't sorted through the herbs and spices yet but thank you for confirming that these are essential tasks and therefore I am not procrastinating at all! And I have just realised I haven't put the washing on yet or stripped the beds from my Christmas guests - how very remiss of me!

7. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Procrastinating? Moi? These balls need scratching.

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

After wasting most of yesterday I have now finished my marking. It wasn't a huge job but reading this thread has left me feeling smug.

9. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I'll desmug you. Though I have been retired two and a half years I never brought marking home. Snigger.

Jamvic and catbefriender like this.
  10. maggie m

maggie m Lead commenter

Spent a couple of hours planning for Monday / Tuesday. A level have a required practical , the student teacher is taking my year 7 class, year 10 have a test and year 11 had their double lesson cancelled for some nonsense or other at the end of term so that is sorted. Now to the important stuff , trip to the charity shop in the morning, lunch with friends and a batch cooking session

Lalad likes this.
  11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'll type an answer later..

Lalad, jomaimai, neddyfonk and 3 others like this.
  12. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

'Procrastination is the thief of time...'

Lalad likes this.
  13. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

No point in having a last minute if you're not going to use it.

14. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

…...and it can damage your eye sight.

15. silkywave

silkywave Lead commenter

I find it helps to get work out ready for the next day. That way you can spend all day walking around the work until ....well just go out and get some fresh air. Then by the time you get back it’s too late to start anything.

helenemdee and Lalad like this.
  16. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

I’ll let you know, when I can be bothered.

Lalad likes this.
  17. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

I've gotta cold.:oops:

18. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I used to find that work to be marked had to be matured properly first, best done by putting on some miles in the boot of the car over a period of days.

Jamvic, Lalad, Oscillatingass and 4 others like this.
  19. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

I spend so much time planning what I will do and how best to approach it that I find something more interesting to think about before I complete the tasks I started four weeks ago. I bought the materials six weeks ago for a hatrack that will take me two hours to make/install but decided my time was better spent trying to control the levitation of a polystyrene ball in a flow of air using USB fans.

Lalad likes this.
  20. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

What could be more important than that?:D

Lalad likes this.