1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Apprentice is back

Discussion in 'Personal' started by twirlygig, Mar 13, 2012.

1. No words for this one either.
    Why do people still go in for this competition?
    Are they too dumb to know they're being set up?
    [​IMG]

2. Proof, if it were needed, that you can try too hard to look mean.
    She has come out the other side and has turned into a child-scarer.
    [​IMG]

3. Who cares? As long as they keep showing it every year, I'll be happy.

4. Is it possible to be cruel to self-aggrandising pillocks?
    You're right.
    It probably isn't.

5. Ladies, beware of trying to look too butch.
    [​IMG]

6. The women have all been made to stand in the same pose - shoulders to the front, hips to the side. I hate that pose. Wedding photographers always try to make the women guests stand like that (minus the hands on hips..)

7. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

I was thinking how all but one of the men have their hands obscured. I am already hating them before they have opened their mouths. I love the Apprentice.

8. Paul Young was on the telly in the middle of the night recently and he was definitely wearing that suit.
    When is it on?

9. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I can't bear watching it.

10. I can't remember who it was but someone on here cut their pics out and arranged them on the fridge door, moving them around as they went up/down in popularity or left. I am going to do that this year, I think it is a brilliant idea.

11. When does it start? I am a recent convert and I love it.

12. starts next Wednesday I think - can't wait

13. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I love it. I also love Dara O'Briain's show afterwards.

14. It is brilliant. Even Michael McIntyre doesn't annoy me when he is on the panel. And that is saying something...!

15. I never like the first few shows when there are too many egos fighting it out and you don't really know the personalities - once the personalities start to emerge, and subsequently get given enough rope to hang their own egos on it becomes good viewing and the interviews one is always entertaining (although few things will ever beat Stuart Baggs the Brand's interview one ever).
    Have to say - there's a daycare opened near us, and everything about it - from the logo, to the really bad slogan "your child sparkles because we care" has had me thinking that it sounded like something a bunch of Apprentice candidates would come up with every single time I've driven past there for the last month or so. It's so bad it just looks like the product of one of their tasks.

16. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Please no. This is waste of time" television, full of egotistical bullies, from Sir Anal down. hateful people. At least on "Come Dine with me" the deliberately chosen prats to create friction are too stupid to realise it and do not have any apparent power.

17. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Ooooh I love The Apprentice!...and the 'aftershow'.
    I've had a glimpse of the new bunch int he TV Times this week - the usual crowd of absolute no-hopers that will hav me alternately laughing and screaming at the TV.
    Plus of course there will be weekly doses of Lord Sugar and Nick...I'm still not sure about Karren - I miss Margaret and her raised eyebrows!

18. It's one of the few "reality" programmes that is not. Lord Sugar is a legend.
    Not at all stupid! They are clearly wringing their 15 mins+ of fame for all they are worth. Having said that, the programme is hateful and full of hateful people.