1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The application (standard) type?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Kidders, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

I'm applying to a few jobs and many have decided to use the County's application form. I typed all my details in the first one, e.g. name, employment history, education, referees etc. However, it does say write in black ink (for photocopying), but I reasoned that they wouldn't expect people to type it as it's quite tricky to get all the boxes formated and insert ticks and cross out options.

Any ideas? Should i write the rest or continue with the typing?

2. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

I'm applying to a few jobs and many have decided to use the County's application form. I typed all my details in the first one, e.g. name, employment history, education, referees etc. However, it does say write in black ink (for photocopying), but I reasoned that they wouldn't expect people to type it as it's quite tricky to get all the boxes formated and insert ticks and cross out options.

Any ideas? Should i write the rest or continue with the typing?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sorry I can't see your problem.
    Are you typing already? In which case why can't you continue?
    Surely typing is black ink?

4. I think you're taking the term 'write in black ink' literally - I am quite sure that it will be equally acceptable to type it.

5. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

This. Yes i did read the 'write' and start to panic i'd have to do it all again :) I'll keep going with the typing!

6. I got what you meant, although I had to re-read it! [​IMG]They should have put 'complete the form' - panic not!

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

All clear now thanks to Peterpiper!
    Best of luck!