1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Academic Year 2020-2021 Thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by peakster, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

Our school still has builders in and horrendous mess. May have to do sorting in maths on day 1

Sort the wood from the plaster, metal, roof tiles, etc etc...
    Now count how many pieces we have in each pile. Now compare which pile has greatest number etc...

Joy!

2. JessicaRabbit1

JessicaRabbit1 Senior commenter

We have a new Head who has been amazing during lockdown. She took over literally as it all started and has led the staff with vigour, a clear head and so much energy. She has been brilliant.

She also appears to be determined to shake things up a bit and so on our inset days we have lots of new policies to digest. We are also starting to use Prezi as a teaching and planning tool which is new to most of us and a lot to get our heads around.

Part of me wishes she'd keep some stuff the same just because everything will be so weird but at the same time I do also think, well go for it love, you might as well.

I'll be behind her no matter what.

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Lets hope that doesn't involve you all using the same Resusci Annie manikin!

[​IMG]

Corvuscorax20 and Dunteachin like this.
  4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Estimate the length of the builder's crack!

[​IMG]

5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I must wear a dictionary on my girdle.

6. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

racroesus likes this.
  7. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

In my area, you'd not be allowed to look after them, or visit their parents. Of course, it's acceptable (in fact commanded) that you enter a badly ventilated crowded building and mix with literally thousands of people, yes, even if you're medically vulnerable.

8. Sally006

Sally006 Lead commenter

Ha! Pretty similar at our place. Nasty feeling stuff just won’t be done in time and that the cowboys tasked with the building repairs have abandoned it to do another job!

9. Sally006

Sally006 Lead commenter

Sounds a very sensible approach.

friedgreentomatoes likes this.
  10. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Crawler ;):)

Aquamarina1234 likes this.
  11. red_observer

I must admit to grate at this “we are all in this together” narrative. Management has urinated on the workers since time started and even though I will do my professional duty I will not be blinded by the devious characters management sone of whom betrayed us over the exam results. When this does return to normal these ladder climbing freaks will soon return to their deeply unpleasant normal. Just saying...;)

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

13. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Back to 5 am get ups from Tuesday onwards - it's been a while !

14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

For many of us - it all starts tomorrow.

I have had no communications from school for several weeks.

15. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Lead commenter

the important thing is what is for lunch?

agathamorse likes this.
  16. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Lead commenter

yep, me too, I got up early today in preparation. Back to earlier nights. It has been a very long while, hasn't it

agathamorse likes this.
  17. peakster

peakster Star commenter

To be honest - I have been getting up pretty early all the way through this so it won't come as too much of a shock.

18. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I’m back on Wednesday. Feels strange to be meeting my new class ‘blind’ with no prior introductions or transition. This year has really made me appreciate all the transition stuff we do in July.

smoothnewt, primarycat and peakster like this.
  19. DrResource

DrResource New commenter

20. red_observer

Yes back tomorrow. Probably go in for around 7am to get some printing done then ready for the 2 day nonsense that the SLT have for us (civic excepted of course!)