1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

That young man on Question Time

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Jan 24, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Make him Prime Minister! He was the best speaker on the programme. They should have him on the panel.

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Which one? There were 2. One looked to be a year 8 maybe 9. The other had been or was at University.
    Neither had a 'political voice'. I would be wary of that as in my experience the young parrot the views of those around them.....

Oscillatingass likes this.
  3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The yr 10

4. TEA2111

TEA2111 Established commenter

They were both very eloquent and impressive. I'm double their age and wish I had half their confidences to speak in public. I'm even rubbish when I have to do a KS1 assembly.

1 person likes this.
  5. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Yes, ridiculous are some of the things which children are taught to believe by alleged experts and which they recite from social media.

6. TEA2111

TEA2111 Established commenter

Doesn't take away that they are both obviously talented public speakers. And with maturity they will form their own opinions.

7. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Perhaps, but I expect they had prepared what they would say in the first instance. The lad in the striped shirt, for example, was less fluent with his second question. It was a good question, when he got around to it.