1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

That Sunday feeling...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Nov 15, 2015.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I have that pit of the stomach Sunday feeling... like I should be doing something. Marking or planning or a tick sheet or something.

But I don't have work tomorrow... still get the feeling. It's like Pavlov and his ruddy dog!

Sorry for those of you with the Sunday feeling AND work tomorrow... probably infinitely worse.

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Yes, if I'm knitting in front of the TV I sometimes get the feeling that I should be doing something more important. I actually do have to get up in the morning as I'm invigilating mocks so I hope I remember.

Lara mfl 05 and cissy3 like this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I have a supply agency meeting... but not till 11. And nothing to prepare for it.

Just weird how 'programmed' my body is. It conjures up a worry feeling even when my worries aren't there.

4. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Yep, feeling the same way and I haven't had to worry about it for years.

@lanokia just make sure you take everything you need (if they have requested id stuff etc)

Best of luck with it.

cissy3 likes this.
  5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Keep the noise down guys - some of us are trying to mark (trying being the operative work).

However do feel a little satisfaction today - my (very) bottom set Year 7s did a test for me on Friday and they've done pretty well - they will be quite pleased I think.

cissy3 likes this.
  6. silkywave

silkywave Lead commenter

Can I send you some marking Lanokia? It's soooo boring marking. I've piled it up nicely.

Lara mfl 05 and rachelpaula008 like this.
  7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Marking? Marking?? ...

*runs, runs fast, runs for the hills*

Sillow, ScotSEN, cissy3 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

And so you should! Come over to the celebrity thread and let us know if you could take part. Come on, look sharp, don't dilly dally and shilly shally. These Sunday threads need co-operation.

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I did my marking yesterday but still feel that I ought to do some planning. Unfortunately I lay down on the sofa and now I have one dog tucked behind my legs with his head resting on my legs and another lying in front of me resting her head on my face. It would be churlish to move them!

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I don't.....because I no longer work Mondays.
    But I am feeling very low........things not happy at Belle Towers and I'm struggling to hold it together.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I'll worry about work on my way there tomorrow. Tonight's for another glass of wine and some nice food.

lanokia likes this.
  12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry to hear things aren't great Belle!

cissy3 likes this.
  13. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

Best of luck xx

cissy3 likes this.
  14. Findlotte

Findlotte Established commenter

Checking emails to find tomorrows cover lesson sent to me with a minute by minute guide on how to deliver the lesson....

ugh.

Lara mfl 05, aspensquiver and cissy3 like this.
  15. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

I had to prepare a CV for the supply agency I used. It took bl -o - o- dy ages. And fill in an application form. Keeps you busy. Sorry to quote the obvious but have your latest CRB/DBS, 2 x proof of identity and proof of address to show at your meeting.

My new job has been a little difficult recently. I'm supposed to be writing 3 x SOW, which Head thinks we can just copy and paste from t'internet. It doesn't work like that and I was supposed to work all weekend. I've been watching awful news, reading awful reports and posting on here instead. The Sunday blues are not good at the moment. Haven't even put my dinner on.

midnight_angel and cissy3 like this.
  16. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

BTW Some likes I have given are not necessarily that I like teachers' pain.=======

(Sometimes I get a bit over-clicky with the likes button)

lanokia likes this.
  17. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

sorry to hear that, @BelleDuJour :(
    i've planned for most of the day. the marking is in the bag. still.

18. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I know the Sunday feeling - I don't work Mondays now (and not in a school anyway) so it's always a pleasant jolt to realise that I still have tomorrow to do nothing in if I wish. Old habits though - I still have all my clothes ready the night before, and the bag packed.

19. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I'm sorry you're having a tough time Belle. Try not to struggle alone - ring a trusted friend and have a chat with them. It may not solve the problems, but will hopefully make you feel a little bit better.

Take care x

Lara mfl 05, ScotSEN and BelleDuJour like this.
  20. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

You will get used to it Ianokia and soon you will get a lovely warm feeling of relief. I still work, but work shifts so don't always work Mondays. The disadvantage of this, is that I never know what day of the week it is as there isn't a normal structure to my working week.
    Sorry things are not good Belle.