1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

That felt good!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by WeeMcBeastie, Apr 27, 2012.

1. WeeMcBeastie

WeeMcBeastie New commenter

That's awful Cliveceltic! I fear it's only going to get worse though. If budgets are even worse, schools will be using more TA's to cover meaning less work for us.
    I am surprised this post hasn't been deleted yet!

2. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

It's probably safe as the title is innocuous enough in itself. But yeah, the whole career prospects thing, I personally don't hold up much hope about the future of education at the moment. Some might say thats me just naysaying and being a doom and gloom merchant but with all the cuts and the de-proffessionalising going on at the moment things are going to get worse before they get better imo.

3. WeeMcBeastie

I totally agree, things are really not looking good. I often wonder why more parents don't complain about their kids being taught by unqualified staff. Mine are in secondary school now but I've certainly made my feelings known to their school about the use of cover supervisors. My eldest was 'taught' Maths for an entire term by around 8 different cover supervisors! Needless to say, her end of term exam result dropped from 88% to 54% that term in a top set! I think it'll take a while before standards decline drastically and they have to rethink on the use of unqualified staff. I fear that will be far longer than I am able to sit around and wait for.

4. WeeMcBeastie

Well, my post has mysteriously reappeared!!

5. Me too! My post is also awaiting moderation!

6. Mine's been posted now!