1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks a million....

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by breadmaker, Aug 18, 2011.

1. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

...........to all those dedicated secondary teachers who have helped students like my daughter achieve their dreams today. Special thanks to those working in the state sector who show time and time again that money does not necessarily buy you the best education.

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

That's nice
    [​IMG]

3. What a lovely post. The cynical part of me had thought the title of this post was sarcasm. How wrong could I have been? Cheers breadmaker.

4. A really nice thought

5. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Glad you bothered to read on! I can't thank school staff enough for the (proud mother moment- sorry!) a* a a and b- all this from a local comprehensive with staff who have gone the extra mile for ALL their students. You are brilliant!!

6. gruoch

gruoch New commenter

Wow! This has really made my day.
    Thank-you.

7. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Established commenter

Good idea. It had crossed my mind. These two teachersin particular made a huge difference, especially to one of my children. At their school the head has a book of similar letters to parents to view in reception. It's lovely to see how appreciative some people are, and that they bothered to put it in writing. And this at a 'bog standard' comprehesive, considered satisfactory by Ofsted but clearly valued by its community.

8. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

The letter is a good idea- think I'll do the same. Our comp is only considered "good" by OFSTED, not Outstanding like it's neighbours, yet most people locally know it as the school that turns out well rounded, polite and considerate kids. Interestingly, it's SEN Dept. was graded as an Outstanding aspect, but "low achievers" who may have tried their damndest do have a habit of skewing those league tables. However, I always feel that as any school is a microcosmic society, the way it treats and regards the education of it's most vulnerable children says more about what it stands for than any league table will ever tell you.
    Let's hear it for the "bog standard" comps!!!!

9. How nice are you!

;-)

10. Thank you. Moaning about going back this week and this post put a smile back on my face.

11. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Hope it's not too painful for you! I know other parents who are as grateful as I am for what we have received!! Good luck for the new year.