1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by rsg2016, Jul 22, 2019.

1. rsg2016

rsg2016 New commenter

I just wanted to post to say thank you for all the help everyone has given me during my sickness absence. I have left and I have got a new job starting in September. It's a significant drop in pay but I am hoping I can get by on the salary I will be getting and be happier. Money doesn't buy happiness, at least I hope that is true. I hope I enjoy it but I admit that I am finding it hard to get excited as I'm scared I don't. Regarding my depression and anxiety, I'm still struggling with my MH but have to work, thus I've not gone down the lines of another school job. I have had somewhat of a break though though in that it is looking like I have an underactive thyroid. This could be why I can't lift my mood. I'm undergoing tests at the moment but at least if it is underactive, medication can get it going again. It truly has been a horrendous few years, I feel wounded and battle scarred but I'm ready to start again. Thank you once again for everything you Tessers have done for me.

ATfan, Curae, thekillers1 and 9 others like this.
  2. Teacher_abc123

Teacher_abc123 New commenter

Good luck :) What’s your new job?

3. SundaeTrifle

SundaeTrifle Occasional commenter

Hoping that you keep well in the future. All the very best and thank you for the update.

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

For hypothyroid don't forget to supplement with vitamin D. Get out in that sunshine!

agathamorse, Curae and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

All the very best for the future

6. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Well done you! I hope you enjoy your new job. And that your health continues to improve.
    I know you say the salary is lower, but I remember that when I changed to a lower salary and was anxious about the impact financially, I did also find I had more energy so I could cook from scratch instead of getting ready meals or take aways, and I could do things like decorating too, so you may well find you are fine.
    Good luck.

7. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

8. rsg2016

rsg2016 New commenter

Thanks so do I! @grumpydogwoman I am already taking Vitamin D supplements. I'm a bit sad it's only coming out now. This is potentially why I've struggled with depression for so long. @mothorchid thank you. I took comfort from your reply. I'm terrified. It's not a small drop but judging on my MH of late, I don't want to jump out of the pan into the fire. I am the money maker in the family so its scary. The job will involve working with troubled youngsters in the community and to give them the tools to get on track. I'm hoping it'll be interesting. It's going to be strange only having 6 weeks holiday a year.

agathamorse and mothorchid like this.
  9. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Sorry to hijack thread, but does vit D really help (friend has it and was told iodine, apparently not bad enough to get meds from GP)?

NOTanOPTION likes this.
  10. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

What a lovely post to wake up to this morning ! I am so happy that you have made a positive change and the fact that you are being so proactive in terms of your diagnosis is a sure sign that you will get much better. Indeed money doesn't buy any happiness and i am sure that with time you will make further decisions that will improve even your economic situation. If it's not your thyroid do investigate methods of dealing with anxiety through alternative medications and counselling. You also know that if you need further support we on WPD dilemmas will be available for any question you may have 24/7.

May God bless and protect you
    Much love and blessings
    Curae xxx

agathamorse likes this.
  11. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

agathamorse likes this.
  12. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Thank you for posting and your kind words! Hope that things get better for you very soon!

Curae likes this.
  13. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

@rsg2016, thank you for posting. So pleased to hear that you have made the break; your new job sounds exciting. It's completely normal to feel nervous and somewhat overwhelmed - we all find change tricky sometimes. Be kind to yourself this summer, take time to relax, see friends and do things that make you happy. Then enjoy your new adventure in September.
    Sending a hug x

NOTanOPTION and Curae like this.
  14. NOTanOPTION

NOTanOPTION New commenter

@hhhh

and apologies to @rsg2016 for the intervention!

Oh, I am actually grumpydogwoman but TES has web-glitched me out of my own account and hasn't got me back yet so for now....

Her Maj supplements with iodine and vitamin D. Go on to this:
    https://healthunlocked.com

Your GP will know bog all about it, I promise.