1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by jumpingstar, Feb 21, 2016.

1. jumpingstar

jumpingstar New commenter

Hello

Over the past few days I have been reading the threads about your awful situations and would like to say a massive thank you. I am going through a very difficult situation at work myself, which in the past 6 months has meant I have spent weekends in tears and just when I think things are getting better they just get 10 times worse!

It has made me realise that I am not alone and thatI am dealing with my situation in the best way I can. It is such a shame as I adore the children so much and wish I didn't have to leave them but sadly my sanity is my priority (how selfish, right?)

My heart goes out to you all. My one piece of advice would be - look after yourself and remember that a teacher who is living life in fear every day is never going to be effective. A management who doesn't realise that is not effective and you need to look after yourself first and foremost. When you are given kind and effective support and guidance, rather than constant criticism you can grow and develop as a practitioner. Get yourselves into places where that is possible.

The next few months are going to be hard - but we can make it to the end of the year. Those of us venturing on in September - the end is in sight!

2. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Thanks for posting. Hope things better for you soon.

SSS

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. jumpingstar

Thanks and hopefully for you too. I will be sure to check into the forum more frequently now for moments of sanity and support with the knowledge that I am not alone and I am only upset about it because I care!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's good to hear from colleagues who are staying strong right to the end.

Good luck for next year!

Best wishes

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  5. jumpingstar

Thank you Theo. I am positive about being in a supportive atmosphere where I can develop without the pain next year. Just the small matter for finding that job now ... :)

6. ilovepoppies

ilovepoppies New commenter

Thank you and good luck to you.

7. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Keep posting on here, chick. xx

8. jumpingstar

I intend to @rosievoice ... It has helped my sanity a lot

Lara mfl 05 and Dragonlady30 like this.
  9. rosievoice

Goodness! But we're all bonkers here! :D:) xxx

10. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

Mad? All the best people are.....

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. jumpingstar

Sometimes you find sanity in the maddest of places @rosievoice

rosievoice and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  12. rosievoice

And sometimes the kindness of strangers can move you to tears, @jumpingstar

dljames2013 and HelenREMfan like this.
  13. carlreddevil

carlreddevil New commenter

Very similar to my post earlier in the week. The support on here is amazing and well needed. We will all get through somehow!! I just need a job.

14. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

There are a lot of decent people out there. And hurrah for that.