1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you to You-Know-Who

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Mar 24, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thank you for the lovely chocolates and the sweet card. I really appreciated both of them, and enjoyed our working session - an excellent afternoon all round. :)
    Although Mrs TG has confiscated the choccies until after I've mown the lawn. :(
    NOW:
    In pure I am Spartucus mode, every single person who opens this thread now has to post saying: Theo, I was pleased to meet you, or something similar, so that the real person who came to TES Towers and handed over the chocolates can post in a similar vein and yet remain anonymous.
    Off you go . . . I shall count how many of you click on this thread and open it, so I shall know if you don't bother to reply as requested.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

2. Theo, I was pleased to meet you!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ooh just re-read your post and realised should have posted a reply!
    Guilty as charged! " I shall count how many of you click on this thread and open it, so I shall know if you don't bother to reply as requested." So this is second time of opening.
    Still have to meet you yet. Been otherwise occupied recently. But know how many people benefit from your advice and understand why someone would want to thank you.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, no, Lara!
    I haven't explained this properly.
    You are supposed to say that you DID meet me, with everybody claiming to have met me, just as everyone claimed to be Sparticus, thus hiding the identity of the real Sparticus.
    So if everyone claims to have met me, then the real chap I met will not be identified . . .
    Have another go . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

5. I have to have another go too, as I made a brand new thread ( feel free to delete!)
    Dear Theo, I was pleased to meet you at this weekends workshop. I thoroughly enjoyed it & can't wait to attend another!

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So, Theo the Wonderful, so glad you like chocolate.

7. Dear Theo,
    I was pleased to meet you.

8. Spartacus Theo, remember to check your spelling carefully (just reminding you of your own advice- cheeky I know!)

I was delighted to meet you the other day at that thing I was supposed to have met you at.
    Is that what I'm supposed to do on this thread?

9. Dear Theo,
    I was delighted to have met you!

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes!
    It's a name, not a word, if you see what i mean, and I was totally wrong. Not a typo, I was wrong!
    I am also not a film-goer or watcher, or I might have sussed out for myself that I was WRONG!
    Best wishes

11. So good to have met you Theo.

12. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And, I should have added, it was delightful to meet you all - I had a really great time!
    (Even though the box of chox is sitting looking at me and I'm not yet allowed to open it).
    Best wishes

13. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, that's two weeks running that we've met, SeaGirl!
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes

14. Linda555

Linda555 New commenter

It was lovely to meet you. And you deserve the chocs for all your kind and helpful words!

15. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You looked just as I thought you would, Linda!
    Best wishes
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions

16. lovely to meet you, enjoy the chocs now you have cut the grass

17. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I knew it was you the moment you walked in, Zoe!
    The chox are SUPER, really great, thank you SO much for giving them to me!

18. A pleasure to have met you Theo

19. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You're very welcome Theo - or should we just call you Spartacus from now on? [​IMG]
    I was so pleased to meet you at TES Towers - thank you for all your helpful advice. [​IMG]

20. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

S4 and Marlin - the sight of the two of you turning up at TES Towers dressed up as Sooty and Sweep really made my day.
    But your card and chocs just put the cherry on top. Thanks again.
    Best wishes