1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

THANK YOU TES

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by JosieWhitehead, Dec 16, 2015.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

A happy Christmas to you all and thank you to TES for allowing me to post my poems on your website and thank you teachers for taking them into your classrooms. I'm both a retired teacher and also a poet who writes for all age groups. Well into my retirement I volunteered to do one hour's voluntary work a week, in my local primary school and here the children encouraged me to write poems for them. They wanted the type of poems I'd loved when I was a child - ie those written with rhyme, with rhythm, with lots of stories and pictures painted in words. I've now written 1,300 (probably more) poems for all age groups and thoroughly enjoyed doing this. They went out to children in 188 countries last year and I know children love them, but trying to find a publisher who will publish children's poetry is like finding a grain of sand on the beach. I now have found one for next year. I do thank you all, especially the lovely, kind TES staff, who I've met, and for teachers who have taken my work into their classrooms and especially those who have bought my books. I was a part-time teacher for many years and so don't get a pension. Thank you so much. I am glad that, through TES my words can reach your children. I don't need any stars at all to know that children like my work because I'm often invited to visit children via Skype in their classrooms and always get a warm welcome. But enjoy my work and have a good rest at Christmas because I remember that teaching is very tiring. Have a happy Christmas and I wish you all the best wishes for 2016. Lots of love . . . Josie

PollyPuddleduck likes this.
  2. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Isn't it lovely to see all the countries that receive your work? I am amazed on my blog to see places listed which I can't easily place on a map! So glad you have a publisher for next year and wish you luck with sales.

3. JosieWhitehead

Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, the internet has brought the world together. The children at my local primary school asked me to make a website and put the poems there for them and I (stupid) didn't really think that this meant the children of the world also got them, but they do and they're using them in a fun way to learn English. But TES are doing a wonderful job too and the people are so friendly and helpful. I feel, as an ex-teacher, that it's lovely that I can still do something to help in the education world and that when I'm no longer here that my words will still be enjoyed by the children. As a teacher, this means a lot to me. Thank you, all of you.

4. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

5. TinaMade

TinaMade New commenter

Thank you @JosieWhitehead for your kind words and your lovely poems!

This will definitely put smiles on the faces of the resources team.

Have a fantastic Christmas! You too @languageisheartosay!

All the best,

Tina
    TES Authors Team

6. JosieWhitehead

And thank you so much. You're a LOVELY team and doing such a good job for busy teachers. I'm glad you like my poems and I wish you all a really happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. Josie