1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you lapinrose and The Pobble

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by notmeanymore, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I made my apple cake today, reducing the temperature to 170, adding the apples straight to the cake mix (missing out the lemon juice) and only using a teaspoon of baking powder instead of the tablespoon the recipe called for and, guess what, no sinkage!! A fabulous, fairly even cake!!!!!
    Thank you for your advice - and anyone else who commented as I can't remember all the names! I shall take the cake into work tomorrow - hopefully it will be appreciated.

2. I made my apple cake today, reducing the temperature to 170, adding the apples straight to the cake mix (missing out the lemon juice) and only using a teaspoon of baking powder instead of the tablespoon the recipe called for and, guess what, no sinkage!! A fabulous, fairly even cake!!!!!
    Thank you for your advice - and anyone else who commented as I can't remember all the names! I shall take the cake into work tomorrow - hopefully it will be appreciated.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Great, we're here to share and enjoy food.

4. I hope the cake went down well at work.
    The advice swapping is, as lapin said, what this forum is for. We all love sharing tips. It is endlessly surprising how much we all know and are willing to share for free!

5. The cake went down brilliantly, thanks. I've even had to hand out the recipe to several other staff!

6. And another TESCookery expert is born [​IMG]