1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you for your application..............

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Feb 11, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Woop woop!
    I've finally succeeded.
    After many more 'Dear Belle, thanks but no thanks as the rest of the world is <strike>cheaper</strike> better suited than you' letters I have finally bagged my dream job in a dream school!
    I was about the throw the towel in and stick two fingers up to the lot of them.
    Then I got home to another 'Dear Belle blah blah blah' letter that even told me not to bother asking for a debrief as they won't give one!
    I feel like replying saying if that's your attitude I'm glad not to be working for you!
    But I have the last laugh. Their loss is dream school's (and my) gain!

2. BelleDuJour

It's a small independent under 5 miles from where I live. I'll be teaching GCSE and A level biology AND getting 20 weeks holiday per year and no behavioural probelms with class sizes 10 or less.
    Dream job or what?
    [​IMG]

3. Nah, you'll miss the funny stories you can relate about your comprehensive/special unit kids going ape! Seriously, hope it is better than the last independent school. Remember to wear very high necklines! And congratulations!

4. BelleDuJour

Snigger!
    Ta Kinsa [​IMG]

5. Congratus Belle - sounds great!

See, all those other rejections were for this - if you'd accepted any of those.... makes me believe in destiny.