1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you for advice on Outstanding FS lesson for Ofsted...

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Twinkles, May 25, 2010.

1. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

...I delivered one this morning!!

Very excited and pleased with my little self.
    Thanks for all the advice [​IMG]

2. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

congratulations and very well done!
    *pats twinkles on the back*

3. Please tell us how you did it! Our school is in SM and we could do with a few of those 'Outstanding' lessons!

4. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Had large box wrapped in gold paper on my chair with label 'A special present for ....Class' on my chair when we came in. Had to go through whole rigmarole with TA about 'Was that there when you came in?....I haven't seen it beofre'..... sort of thing or my children wouldn't have noticed at all!
    Children passed the box around, speculating about what might be inside. Then, after discussing whether it was light or heavy and what might be inside, I opened it to reveal a small box containing a pouch and......5 beans with green glitter and a clue. My TA, while doing her morning risk assessment, had placed some clues and objects around the school - a soft toy cow, a chicken, a gold egg and a large pair of wellies. The treasure hunt was a huge success even though I was surprised that they didn't work out the story!
    We took the clues and objects back to our playground where we worked out the story was Jack and the Beanstalk and we 'found' dressing up clothes for acting out the story (really popular), pictures for sequencing, beans and seeds for sorting, compost and seed trays for planting beans in and junk modelling for making a beanstalk! The children loved it all and then, in the afternoon, they wrote captions to go with the pictures and they were terrific!!

5. That sounds fantstic, well done you. I just love days like that x

6. Excuse if I get a few things wrong...first time on the forum. Sounds so wonderful. Can I asked what they needed in terms of planning please? We are getting told to plan separately for maths etc and my job share and I just don't agree with what management wants. I would be interested in what ofsted were looking for. Many thanks

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We had Ofsted before Easter and they didn't look at planning in detail

8. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

I had some advice from the EYFS Consultant - she told me I shouldn't be planning separately for Maths and CLL so I now use her plannning form - one single sheet and it's much simpler. Ofsted Inspector did look through my planning folder and was very pleased. He said they're far more interested in seeing all areas of learning covered by the CI activities than anything that looks like a formal Maths or English lesson.

9. can I be cheeky and ask what you have on your plan please?

10. Hi

Well done sounds great. I would be interested in seeing the planning form ours is not great and no one seems to have anything better.

Thanks

11. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Congratulations. It sounds a fab lesson - and it's great that Ofsted recognised that. Time to unwind now with a well deserved drink.[​IMG]

12. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

Could you put this sheet on resources ... ?