1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank goodness for EYFS

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Leapyearbaby64, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

At our staff meeting last night we were discussing about children knowing their own targets. An example was given of one local school where all the APP targets were hung round the classroom and the children appeared to know them off by heart, so the teacher sould say "today we are working on XYZ" (referring to target's code name) and the children would know what that meant. THEY WERE YEAR ONE !!! I just sat there thinking how glad I was to work with 3-4 year olds in the secret world of EYFS ...

2. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

At our staff meeting last night we were discussing about children knowing their own targets. An example was given of one local school where all the APP targets were hung round the classroom and the children appeared to know them off by heart, so the teacher sould say "today we are working on XYZ" (referring to target's code name) and the children would know what that meant. THEY WERE YEAR ONE !!! I just sat there thinking how glad I was to work with 3-4 year olds in the secret world of EYFS ...