1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank God it’s Friday!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Jan 11, 2019.

1. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

i don’t know if there is a thread somewhere but I feel compelled to do one here.
    Been a carp week. Unpleasantness all round. On here, at work and in my social life. *** is going on? What have I done? I can’t wait to hit the bottle tonight and might carry on till Monday!
    I don’t seem to be able to please anyone, do anything right or be recognised for what bloomin hard work I put into this god forsaken workhouse! Might be the same for others but after 30 plus years at the chakkface today I want to quit. I’m sick of it all. Only issue is what do I do after that? But today I’m thinking that ANYTHING is frogging better than this...

Sorry but I had to let off steam!

Phew!

Grrr!

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

My Friday was Wednesday lunchtime..................how anyone can do full time is beyond me!
    Have a good weekend RO.

Lara mfl 05 and red_observer like this.
  3. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Still haven't returned to work yet.
    Life feeling pretty miserable at the mo.
    But onwards and upwards, it can only get better can't it?

It can can't it?

4. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Red, have you been to see your GP. Feeling so angry and depressed all the time isn't right.:(

5. red_observer

I will try thank you

6. red_observer

Maybe I should

7. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

Sorry you're feeling so bad. I was talking to a friend yesterday who was driven out of school by a crazy head with absurd demands, entirely contradictory yet the head made them with a completely straight face. Hang in there until tonight!

8. Marshall

Marshall Senior commenter

I understand what you are going through. Have a drink with me tonight!

nomad, red_observer and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

:( Think of that phrase, ;When you hit rock bottom the only way is up'. in my experience it can take a while though. :(

Hopefully the rant will have helped a little bit @red_observer.

1 person likes this.
  10. red_observer

Thank you. It’s the lack of leadership is our problem! Feeling it’s md against the world! We have a Head of Faculty who is so up her own end it’s hard to believe. It’s about a mostly unfriendly and hard nosed staff who are not interested in anyone but themselves. The school is failing and I can see it but they don’t ask me for my advice as the SLT are never wrong. Most of them are out of the classroom and can’t teach.thry have no empathy for us workers! The actual classroom stuff is great still but the constant need for data and covering your back mentality is driving me up the wall and I think Is actually making me quite stressful. As you may have gathered. I’m the sort of person who died care though so I can’t shut up. Perhaps I should and just do what I do and when I can do it. But I’m too long in the tooth to change. So it’s best f I just leave to protect my health, to make my family happier as they know how I feel obviously. I’m at a crossroads for sure.

sodalime and Marshall like this.
  11. red_observer

Thank you. I definitely will be!!

nomad likes this.
  12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

And as I post yet more people going through this. :(

You all have my sympathies. It really is awful when one is going through it. I never thought I'd become the teacher who just said 'Get through it' and try not to care. In fact I never did, which is why I'm no longer teaching, but its certainly what I've been advising my colleagues who are still there.

red, would it be possible to go part-time to help ease the move from 'leaving' to 'what to do next'?

sodalime, Marshall and red_observer like this.
  13. red_observer

Thanks for the concern Lara. It may be an option yes but I would need to see if it affects my pension. Also if they would let me go part time as well! I see your point but currently I am not wanting this situation to get me down any further so leaving is the best option at this very moment

Marshall likes this.
  14. Marshall

Marshall Senior commenter

Leave or fight?

15. red_observer

I think fighting is futile. They won’t tskd advice or constructive criticism that’s a waste of time.

Lara mfl 05 and Marshall like this.
  16. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Honestly @red_observer I don't think you'll feel any better until you hand your notice in. It sounds as though the way you're feeling is having an impact on your wider relationships as well.

Nothing is worse than being paralysed in anger.

Get a pension forecast and start doing some solid research into opportunities outside teaching.

17. red_observer

Those are honest and well meant words @ilovesooty and I can’t disagree with them. It’s making the move I guess!

Jamvic likes this.
  18. red_observer

I’ve just had an email off one of the ULT (useless leadership team) replying to a request I had about something then complaining she couldn’t do it today as she was snowed under with other things to do... now first this is just not true second she I paid about 80k to do her job and this wasn’t anything extra asked of her and third her diplomatic skills make Trump look a real smoothly. This is getting worse... roll on 3.30!!

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

May I suggest that you try to accept the frailties of your fellow human beings? This isn't the same as kowtowing to the leadership but an approach to existing with your colleagues.

sodalime likes this.
  20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Don't. Leave alcohol for when you are in a good mood.