1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thank buyers for leaving feedback!

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by PollyPuddleduck, Apr 15, 2016.

1. PollyPuddleduck

PollyPuddleduck New commenter

https://community.tes.com/conversations/add

You can thank buyers for leaving feedback.
    Unfortunately, a generic message to all isn't possible as TES pops up with this ''Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.''
    Being able to thank people in general is great but I'm not sure in the future that it will be feasible to personally thank everyone with a separate message.................

2. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

It would be better to add a simple response to the actual feedback. Maybe if this was limited to a maximum of just one message along with a 'report' option that would be manageable.

It might even encourage more feedback if buyers can see that sellers are happy to respond and take on board ideas etc.

I've sent a couple of messages of thanks using the direct message system but it feels a bit intrusive to do that way (and hard to manage).

3. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

Yay we can now respond to feedback! I am so pleased at this!

mathsmutt likes this.
  4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Thanks for pointing this out. I notice that the option to reply is available through the "shop" screen, but not on the "Reviews" tab of "My Resources".

Charleei likes this.
  5. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

For myself, I still hate having any stars against the work I've done. I never enter competitions and don't wish to compete for stars. A little commentary box for "thank you" or to tell me that my work was useful or that the children enjoyed it is much nicer. You will notice that most of my work I give freely to the teachers and their children. I don't expect payment, but a thank you is always welcome.

mathsmutt likes this.
  6. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

Makes me wary! It's perfect for clarifying things, however, i (hope I'm wrong) think for some buyers/purchasers/general unhappy people/overly critical people may see it as an opportunity to engage sellers/uploaders in awkward challenges...

Call me sceptical...!

7. videosformyclassroom1

videosformyclassroom1 New commenter

A little frustrated with this, as clearly someone who purchased a resource, then left poor feedback, clearly didn't read the overview before purchasing. I've commented back, but the only thing that appears on the main pages is the star rating. You see 1 star, you don't buy.

8. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I had a review that said a resource didn't work, when the reviewer clearly hadn't read the instructions, and the TES removed it for me.

One thing I've noticed with the replies is that they have my real name on them, rather than my ID, which might be a bit confusing for the reviewer. Oh, and I can't actually post one as I just get the message "An error has occurred."

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  9. redlamp2

redlamp2 Occasional commenter

People are entitled to provide such a review and the comment seems fair. You don't agree and have stated why, both of which are there for people to see and make a judgement.

Low quality resources harm the 'brand' for everyone. The review system should be an incentive for sellers to only sell good quality resources.

10. videosformyclassroom1

videosformyclassroom1 New commenter

My point is that people only see the star rating first, not the reviews and comments back.

I don't mind a poor review, I'll make my resources better, but clearly they've not read my overview of the resource before purchasing.

11. bennyjohn5

bennyjohn5 New commenter

Some very good points are being made here but is there a way to incentivise more reviews? The more reviews, the more strong resources will be promoted. Could the TES email buyers to ask for a review after each purchase - much like Amazon does?

12. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

Maybe prizes for buyers that share photos of them using resources in the classroom - vouchers for TES resources etc.

Perhaps a forum for teachers to place requests for new resources could encourage more dialogue too...

13. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Maybe reviewers could accumulate 'points' for reviewing resources which can later be exchanged to purchase resources - a sort of reward scheme.

cate_h likes this.