1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thames News

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Durc09, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Post replies to messages on TES lol!

2. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Yep I presume everyone is busy doing something today! Ah well I will return to my contemplation of London's empty super highway x

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Ah, but it's not entirely empty is it? Is there something going on under the surface perhaps?
    These are the thoughts I sometimes have when faced when certain pupils [​IMG]

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It is full of fish, dead bodies, supermarket trolleys, sewage,plastic bottles, tins and any amount of other detritus. And it does have river boats on it too.

5. I bet there are some amazing archaeological finds on the bed of that river...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Indeed there are and many of them are on display in the Museum of London.

7. I spent an all too brief hour there to fill in time once. Must go back for a longer visit.

8. Richie Millions

The Thames is much cleaner than it has been for many years. A sea horse was found last week alive giving proof a colony likely in residence. Fish now including salmon are a common feature . I love the history found on each metre of its banks . The river cruise rom Westminster to Greenwich is a delight. I will wave from my balcony x

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Are there balconies on the river boats? I prefer Greenwich to the flood barriers and back.

10. Richie Millions

No silly, I live sur L'Isle des Chiens x