1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thailand

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by mrjack, Jul 7, 2019.

1. mrjack

mrjack Occasional commenter

HI all,
    I am a teacher with over fifteen years experience, what sort of package would be acceptable outside of Bangkok and Phuket ?
    Any input appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

Which areas are you looking at.

3. mrjack

Up North

4. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

I have sent you a PM

5. fordseries123

fordseries123 New commenter

It depends on so many different factors.

Some of the major ones are: if you have children or not, will you have a partner with you? What kind of lifestyle do you want to live? Will you have any income from back home? Do you have any debts to pay at home, etc.

Be more specific and then we can hopefully help.

6. ruthwill500

ruthwill500 New commenter

I would see a minimum expectation being 80,000 per month after tax with housing, health insurance and fees paid for children on top.

7. mrjack

Thanks for that, very helpful.

8. mrjack

90k no housing,
    Up North

9. Camray1

Camray1 New commenter

You won't get a lot up north unless you get into the IB school just outside of Chiang Mai. Around 70k including housing allowance for any of the others.

10. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

70000 to 80000. 90000 if you get lucky. The premature education establishment in CM is probably the one exception.

11. mrjack

The burning season is very off putting for someone with allergies. 2-4 months of days where Chiang Mai is the worst polluted city in the world on some days and you are advised to stay indoors is something I will avoid.
    Thanks to everyone who replied.

12. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

That is absolutely true. Last Feb-March was unbelievably bad. Fingers crossed it’s better next time.