I was due to start in Bangkok in April, flying with a husband and 2 children. I was told my contract would be honoured even if I couldnt fly due to Coronavirus. I had it in writing. You can guess the next bit. They simply changed my contract date to later in the year (July) for me to start then. With the extended ban, that has now also not become possible. Just waiting to hear further. We gave up jobs, house, schools for children, sold most of our stuff and are now living in a 1 bedroom house trying to get by. The problem you have is if you kick off and say you want the contract honoured they will just withdraw the offer completely. It is a difficult situation for all, including the schools.