1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Thai Visa

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by msb92, Apr 18, 2019.

  1. msb92

    msb92 New commenter

    Hi all,

    I can’t seem to find any information online. In terms of my visa, I have a DBS but I have not got a recent one, instead I use the DBS update service.

    Will this be okay? Just wanted to double check.

    Many thanks!
  2. MissTilscher

    MissTilscher New commenter

    My current school asked for an ICPC as well as the DBS. That might cover you
  3. fordseries123

    fordseries123 New commenter


    From my understanding your new school in Thailand needs to request one, organise it and pay for it. Then you/they can apply for your non-immigrant b visa.
  4. sid1913

    sid1913 New commenter

    I had to sort my own out. This was 4 years ago. I work for a Tier 1 international school so this is not unusual.
  5. worlo24

    worlo24 New commenter

    In my experience, the school sort out the Visa etc. You just have to provide the DBS. Maybe check with your school admin
  6. alphasnail

    alphasnail New commenter

    You can use a basic DBS from the update service. You then need to apply for a single entry 90 day Non-Immigrant B visa from the Royal Thai Embassy. They will require a copy of your Degree certificate, DBS, contract/offer letter from the school and the schools documents of incorporation and of course your original passport.

    The list of things you need to send is on the Royal Thai embassy website. The cost is £60 ( cash or postal order) bit you must also include an extra £10 to pay for the return postage of your passport. Note that you must send copies of supporting documents, not originals, as these won’t be returned.

    Apply for the visa no more than 90 days before you intend to enter the Kingdom. When you enter be sure to get your passport stamped - this will mark the start of your 90 days in country. Then the school should arrange for your work permit and suitable long term visa once you are in country.

    As an aside - take all your original documents in your carry-on bag as you may be asked to produce them at the immigration desk when entering the Kingdom.

Share This Page