1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Th Great Fire of London and the plague

Discussion in 'Primary' started by apples21, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Hi it is the first time I have taught year 2 and in the next half term we are looking at The Great Fire of London and to add a bit of gore the plague. However I am struggling to think of ideas in which to teach the plague as alot on the internet are far to old for year 2 so any help would be greatly welcomed.
    many thanks
    Phillippa

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. I am doing the fire of london and hadn't thought about the plague. There is a good website about the fire of london.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We did the GFL last half term, but didn't mention the plague. Children loved it!

5. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

6. thanks exactly what I was looking for

7. My class LOVED this topic. There used to be a website that took you step by step through the fire of london, was really child friendly, and had little games and questions in it.
    Bizarrely, the bit they always remembered was how Samuel Peyps buried his cheese in the garden to protect it!