1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TFI Friday

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Its getting harder and harder to get through the weeks at the moment! So thank **** its Friday!
    Whats your Friday night routine?
    I tend to go to Tescos to buy something decent for dinner, usually accompanied by a euromillions ticket, cigs for the OH, and a box of wine. I then clean the house in a mad rush for half an hour before I can settle - I simply cannot chill out while its a state. Im the same at work - I have to finish all the little jobs (including a spotless classroom, all paperwork filed, all bits and bobs put away, desk clear) before I can leave on a Friday night, so am often still there at 5.30 when everyone else leaves dead on 3.30! I managed to get my planning and marking up to date in my PPA this week so am looking forward to not touching work this weekend.
    Im a bit under the weather today so no wine, but roast chicken and roast potatoes are in the oven, the house is clean (well, the surfaces are wiped and the dishwasher's full!) and im enjoying come dine with me. Looking forward to a trip out to my favourite place in the countryside tomorrow, and the pub tomorrow night. Sunday will be a day of nothing!

2. Its getting harder and harder to get through the weeks at the moment! So thank **** its Friday!
    Whats your Friday night routine?
    I tend to go to Tescos to buy something decent for dinner, usually accompanied by a euromillions ticket, cigs for the OH, and a box of wine. I then clean the house in a mad rush for half an hour before I can settle - I simply cannot chill out while its a state. Im the same at work - I have to finish all the little jobs (including a spotless classroom, all paperwork filed, all bits and bobs put away, desk clear) before I can leave on a Friday night, so am often still there at 5.30 when everyone else leaves dead on 3.30! I managed to get my planning and marking up to date in my PPA this week so am looking forward to not touching work this weekend.
    Im a bit under the weather today so no wine, but roast chicken and roast potatoes are in the oven, the house is clean (well, the surfaces are wiped and the dishwasher's full!) and im enjoying come dine with me. Looking forward to a trip out to my favourite place in the countryside tomorrow, and the pub tomorrow night. Sunday will be a day of nothing!

3. I'm watching the snow fall in the moonlight. It's pretty. I may open a bottle of wine...

4. Indian takeaway, wine, Hotel Chocolate selector. Mastermind, Coronation Street and whatever other rubbish is on TV while checking emails, reading various forums and if all else fails, the odd game of Mahjong on Facebook.

5. Airy, where are you? I am terrified of the snow making the roads hell again on working days, but would love a bit of snowfall out the window on a friday night!

6. Attagirl.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

To my great relief,we have not had any! Just the wind last night.

8. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

Wow - lucky you!

No snow here, not much moonlight, but at least I have a glass of wine in front of me

9. I have the Friday timetable from hell, and my last class of the day has been sent by the devil himself to cause me misery and despair.
    I'm out the door pretty much on the bell. To hang with the mess of the classroom (normally, that's tidied etc. before I go - not on a Friday this year!). Fag in the car before I can bear driving (there's a very high possibility I'd crash through frustration if I didn't)
    Home, rant to o/h. Savour the moment - it's the point of the week that means it's the longest time until I have to see that shower of ***** again.
    Changed, dog out for a walk. Chippie on way home for tea.
    Sit in front of mind-numbing tv, drink wine (or tea - depending on how tired I am), plot ways to kill Friday's last class.

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Roll on next Friday even more. Not quite the end of term but nearly enough. It's the staff Christmas party too.
    My normal Friday routine is to get out of school as soon as humanly possible. I can't do any sorting out as I have 1 lesson a week on the other site of our split site so no point in hanging around. I get to the supermarket and do the shopping on the way home so I can avoid the hell that is the supermarket at the weekend.
    Tonight I have come home and sorted food for the weekend. Cupcakes are made for friends coming over tomorrow, veggies are roasted for soup on Sunday and a lamb joint is marinading ready to go into the slow cooker tomorrow. I'm not usually that productive. Fridays are about collapsing in front of the TV and doing nowt. I am looking forward to there being more wine involved but Weight watchers is ruling that out for the moment.

11. Stagger home, open wine glug a glass or two before realising that I haven't eaten since breakfast - Mr Dance attempts to undo the damage by feeding me (Too late [​IMG]