1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Textiles project in 1 hour

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by finamar, Nov 21, 2010.

1. finamar

finamar New commenter

We are having a curriculum enrichment day next month, I need ideas for a textiles project that can be completed in 1hr 15 mins. I have been thinking about making an advent calendar with each student making apart of it. Any body got any other thoughts or ideas? Thanks in anticipation.

2. finamar

finamar New commenter

We are having a curriculum enrichment day next month, I need ideas for a textiles project that can be completed in 1hr 15 mins. I have been thinking about making an advent calendar with each student making apart of it. Any body got any other thoughts or ideas? Thanks in anticipation.

3. Hello,
    Why dont you try some Furoshiki fabric wrapping to make products? Students could print and hem (by hand or machine) their own squares of fabric and then fold and tie the fabric to make a range of products, furoshiki can also be used for gift wrapping. The instant bags and water bottle carriers are always winner for me. It has good links with sustainability too as when used as gift wrappings they can be re-used.
    More details on my blog,
    http://rightsidestogethertextiles.blogspot.com/2010/11/foroshiki-instant-products-no-sewing.html
    Hope this helps.

4. finamar

finamar New commenter

Thanks for that info, it has started me on a web search to find out how to do it! It looks very interesting. I think it will be great to do on the day and also as a very quick intro project with lower school
    I hope I can find out how to to it in time!

5. thanks for that, I also have a cross curricular day to plan a 1 off 1 hour lesson for a bunch of year 7's. Looks good :)