1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Textbooks for Year 9 French

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by wheresyourheadat, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    We are looking to buy a new set of textbooks for our Year 9s. We currently use Encore Tricolore 3 for the higher sets and Expo 3 vert for the others. We find ET3 doesn't suit us at the moment and we're hoping to replace it. We are considering buying Click or Studio and wondered if anyone knew if they were any good in the classroom. A rep from the Click publishers is coming in to speak to us about their books but we would really like some feedback from teachers who have used them!Thanks in advance!
    Natalie [​IMG]

2. Kleeblatt

Kleeblatt New commenter

Personally I woul advise against Clic. It jumps all over the place and has little coherency (is that even a word - sorry - head spinning) from topic too topic. My school bought into it before I arrived and everyone now hates it!

3. Clic didn't work for us at all. We have used Expo in Y7 and are now rolling it out to Y8 and Y9, it has been succesful in Y7 this year.

4. What are your experiences of Expo 3?? I quite like 1 and 2, but I find 3 jumps all over the place too. Has anyone found a course they REALLY like for Year 9??

5. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Nope! And I'm sure that we've discussed this before on here (though it might have been on twitter, not sure) - for some reason the Y9 courses all seem pretty poor, even if the Y7 and Y8 coursebooks are fantastic. I've decided to ditch the textbook and go entirely cross-curricular for Y9 next year - teaching in modules, starting off with the French revolution, as that is what our kids do in history.