1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Textbook & resources reccommendations for Yr 4/5

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by phoebefildes, May 2, 2019.

1. phoebefildes

phoebefildes New commenter

Hi! Does anyone have any books or other resources they use as a primary work material to tutor students in Yr 4? The girl I'm working with is quite bright so we may venture ahead to year 5. Primarily Maths & English but texts including other core subjects welcome!

If anyone has any suggestions for which books you use, that would be most helpful.

Thank you! :)

2. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

3. bramblesarah

bramblesarah New commenter

I tutor maths I have a 1 year 3 student who was quite far behind. I use the CPG ks2 textbook year 3 and I have the year 4 one we have just started using as she is now working at expected level. I use this as a circumlum guide but often make up my own games. I also use some of the old ten tick resources and games. I have started using old ks3 books with my bright year 6 (for background I am secondary rather than primary trained). I like the CPG book well enough it can be a little dry if you were to just work cover to cover.