1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Textbook for Edexcel GCSE Spanish

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by jonthom, Oct 6, 2016.

1. jonthom

jonthom New commenter

My Head of Spanish not impressed with the Viva Higher book from Pearson for Edexcel Spanish, doesn't think it delivers the spec in a logical way. Are there any alternatives that anyone knows of? Thanks!

2. pascuam49

pascuam49 New commenter

I use Mira Higher GCSE and I love it. I must say that if your students have used Mira in the previous years they (and probably you) may find it repetitive. We cover it in the second year (Espanol Mundial in the first, from scratch).

3. jkhanom

jkhanom New commenter

We've been using Zoom1 and 2 in the first year, and then revision and past papers in the second year.

4. cake4tea

cake4tea New commenter

We're using the Oxford French and German GCSE 9-1 and will buy the same for Spanish when we need it next year. It is for AQA but I think there's an Edexcel version too.

5. elilala

elilala New commenter

We are using it and I like it with the interactive software through active teach also although it does require some rethinking to create a logical teaching order i agree! Not helped by the late publication last academic year also!